This dish came from an idea that a friend of mine gave me. The combination of Chilli and Basil is perfect for a cold night as this is surprisingly soothing. It’s fresh with the Basil, Brocollini & Asparagus but extremely filling with the perfectly cooked Crispy Pork Belly.
Crispy Chilli, Basil Pork with Asparagus, Broccolini & Rice
- 1kg Pork Belly
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2-3 Red Chilli's
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 200g Asparagus but into 3
- 200g Brocollini
- 2 Spring Onion (5cm lengths)
- Big handful of ripped Basil Leaves
- Step 1 Cook Pork according to the link mentioned above and below and cut into squares along with the crackle.
- Step 2 Blend together Chilli and Garlic. If you don’t have a blender then finely sliced is fine.
- Step 3 Stir fry Chilli and Garlic in a Wok until Fragrant (roughly 30 seconds)
- Step 4 Add the cubed Pork, Soy, Oyster Sauce & Stock and cook for a further minute.
- Step 5 Add Broccolini & Asparagus and stir fry for a few minutes. I like mine to still have quite a bite to them.
- Step 6 In the last 30 seconds add in the ripped Basil leaves and straight onto a plate with steaming rice.