Cumin Chicken with Spiced Pumpkin & Chickpeas
- 4 chicken breast (sliced thickly)
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tbl chilli (fresh or dried)
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 can chic peas (drained)
- 1/2 Butternut pumpkin
- 1 brown onion (finely diced)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- Bunch of Asparagus
- Handful of currants (we only had saltanas and they were lush)
- As much coriander as you can handle
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Step 1 Chop the pumpkin into wedges. Cover in some Oil, Salt and Pepper. Lay in the basket (or pan) of the Air Fryer and on 180 degrees Celsius cook until tender but brown on the outside.
- Step 2 In a bowl add 2 tsp of Cumin, 2 tsp of chilli and 2 tbls of oil. Mix together. Add chicken and toss through the spice mix.
- Step 3 Lay chicken pieces in the air fryer basket and cook on 200 for 5 each side. Do a couple more minutes if they are really thick. This will be about 3 basket loads so while they’re cooking fry up the onion in a pan with a little oil. Add the other 1 tsp of Cumin, 1 tsp of Chilli and 1 tbls of oil. Fry on medium for 2 minutes. Crush and add garlic and then add the chickpeas, coriander stems, currants, asparagus pieces and lemon zest.
- Step 4 Leave on low until all the chicken is cooked.
- Step 5 Plate up and put the fresh coriander leaves on top 😍😍😍