Pork Belly is a huge hit in our house. Its affordable and can feed my husband and I for a few meals. Before I got my first Air Fryer I used to use the oven and I really struggled to get the perfect Crackling. Now its a breeze!! Pouring the boiling water over the meat makes the skin cut like butter. I originally was keeping them uncovered in the fridge over night to really dry them out but this takes only minutes for the same if not better results.
Pair the roast with a great combo of Roasted Veg. Our usual go to’s are Potatoes, Carrots and Brussel Sprouts. Delish. Air Fried Apple Sauce is the perfect topper if you want something other than Gravy. YUM! Easy apple sauce for my Pork Roast that’s cooking away.
3 peeled Green Apples sprinkled with Coconut Sugar
10 minutes at 160 degrees celcius (may need longer depending on the size of your apples)
Then puree along with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon 😍
This Roast is also great to cut up into squares and use for dishes like Sticky Pork Belly Stir Fry or something like this gorgeous creation above – Crispy Chilli, Basil Pork with Asparagus, Broccolini & Rice
Crispy Skin Pork Belly
- 1kg Pork Belly
- Olive Oil
- Step 1 Boil the kettle and pour directly onto the Pork Belly. The meat should take on a white colour.
- Step 2 Pat dry and place on a piece of foil. Wrap the foil up the side of the meat without it covering the skin.
- Step 3 Score the skin with a knife. This should be easy now that we have covered it in boiling water.
- Step 4 Cover in oil and salt and place in the Air Fryer for 1 hour on 160 degrees Celsius.
- Step 5 If the skin needs a little more time then add another 10 minutes. Remember it will also harden up as it cools.
- Step 6 Enjoy this crunchy deliciousness!