Every time I make a new recipe I think this is my favourite… Then I do another and I think no, no, no, THIS is my favourite recipe… Well tonight I really mean it THIS IS my favourite recipe!!!!! haha Oh my goodness this recipe really is packed full of flavour and its actually lot easier than it looks….. LUSH!
You can tell by the colours alone its going to taste great. I used two red chillies in the marinade but for me I wish I had added four. We LOVE it spicy, but if you like it mild then just stick with one or two. I actually think that THE only thing I would change. Other than that it was perfection.
I used a processor for my paste but if you have a Mortar & Pestle which you would rather use then go for it! I would usually use my Thermomix but the poor girl needs to see the doctor. Once blended along with the olive oil the smell that fills the room is beautiful,. When I opened the lid I was like “WOAH Paul! Smell this!” and shoved it under his nose… yeah the chilli may have sucker punched the back of his throat… oopsie lol. It’s spicy and tangy with a side scent of sweet and fruity. Yum!
These handy 20×20 foil trays do the job perfectly once again. I was going to cook the chicken in the basket but then I remembered a previous dinner I tried and the chicken was cooked on zucchini. This helps with the air flow and cooks the chicken evenly.
Once I coated the chicken in the marinade I placed it on top of the zucchini and left them in the fridge for 2 hours. Over night is better but I didn’t have the time. Honestly I couldn’t tell much difference as the chicken was packed of flavour!
*Find of the Day*
These Seed Salad Toppers are great. inexpensive at about $3.50 a box and they add a lovely crunch and flavour to the Kale salad.
Ohh and of course it wouldn’t be a true post by me if there wasn’t Mr Hunter popping up in the background ha! He must have thought th sound of this box was the sound of his treat box haha
Portuguese Style Chicken Thighs with Zucchini, Brocollini and Kale Salad
- zest of 2 limes
- 2-4 red chillies (have as much as you can handle)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 skin on, bone in chicken thighs
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 limes quartered
- handful of finely chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup Coles Salad Topper seeds
- juice of 1 lime
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 continental cucumber
- bunch of broccolini
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- Step 1 Place the lime zest, chillies, 5 of the 6 garlic & paprika in the blender and blitz until finely chopped. Add the oil and blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Step 2 Coat all the chicken pieces in the marinade and place in the fridge for 3-24 hours.
- Step 3 Slice zucchini length ways and place into two 20x20cm trays or any tray you have that will suit along with the wedges of lime.
- Step 4 Place marinated chicken thighs on top of the zucchini, lime mix and place in the air fryer (I cooked mine in the drawer without the basket) for 25 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius. They may need an extra 5 minutes if they are on the large size.
- Step 5 Meanwhile steam the kale and broccolini for 2 minutes in either the microwave or a steamer. I then air fried them for a minute on 200 as I love the little brown crispy bits as they are full of flavour.
- Step 6 Mix together the lime juice, crushed garlic clove, parsley and seeds for the dressing. Spoon this immediately over the chicken as it comes out of the air fryer.
- Step 7 Assemble salad ready for the chicken. When chicken is on the plate tip over he extra juices from the pan.
- Step 8 Enjoy!